Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wednesday June 16

Group Run/ Workout
A –1 mile warm up; 20 minutes @ Lactate Pace*;1 mile cool down;(5 miles)
B–0.5 mile warmup; 15 minutes @ Lactate Pace*; 0.5 mile cool down;(3 miles)
C- .5 mile warmup; 20 minutes @ Lactate Pace*; .5 mile cool down; (3 miles)
*Lactate Pace is one minute slower than your personal record for one mile. The first time you do this workout, it will be very difficult. As we get into better condition, it will get better.

Today is a tough workout but a good one. The objective is to get us to pick up our pace for an extended period of time. It helps us were are building our fitness over the summer. We need throw in workouts that force us to increase our pace and make our body react.

The idea is for the 15 or 20 minutes to go hard and a fast pace. It should be one minute slower than your best mile time. Now when thinking about that, think about what your best mile time has been over the last year.

I would say that mine right now could possibly be around 8:00/8:15. Normally when I am running with my son I am around 10:00/10:15 depending on the distance. So for 20 minutes I will try to hold a pace around 9:00. It will be hard to tell exactly where I am at on my pace but I will be able to tell that I am going faster than normal and when I look at my time after the first mile I will be able to see if I should try to push it a little harder.

So today just try to pick up the pace and feel like you are going faster than you usually are.

See you in the park!
Coach Drury

No comments:

Post a Comment